Comment on page
Security Council Election Process
Elections for the Security Council are held annually, excluding an initial 6-month bootstrapping phase, during which the Connext Foundation will appoint the initial council.
Before each election cycle, the Connext DAO will open a one-month-long call for candidates, followed by a 5-day long voting period. The top 12 candidates will then be inducted into the council for one term that will last for 12 months. Serving multiple terms will be possible, however, it will require candidates to submit a new application and be elected into the Security Council through a formal vote.
NEXT token holders can vote for the Security Council or delegate their voting power so that the representative of their choice can vote on their behalf. Voting power depends on the number of tokes delegated to an address and is such that 1 token represents 1 vote.
Changes to these elections may be proposed by the DAO, but not in an ongoing election cycle.
Note: Prior to the first election, the DAO can post an RFC to discuss whether the term duration should be 6 or 12 months.
Any DAO member may declare their candidacy for the Security Council. To be considered for a position on the council, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Garner support from at least 0.4% of the voting supply prior to the election.
- Maintain membership in the Connext DAO for at least 3 months prior to the election.
- Have no more than 3 representatives from the same organization on the Council at a given time.
- Publicly disclose any potential conflicts of interest prior to campaigning for membership.
Elected Special Council members are expected to:
- Provide emergency contact where they can be reached in case of emergency
- Possess the mandatory skills necessary to act in this role, such as knowledge of best security practices, use of hardware wallet, ability to review and sign transactions, etc.
Interested individuals are encouraged to use the following template as part of their application to become a part of the Connext Security Council.
Copy this template, fill in your details and responses, and post it as a reply below.
Please note that you must adhere to the template. Any responses that deviate from it will be deleted for easier consultation of the candidates.
Candidate Biography & Introduction
Name: [Name of individual or organization]
Twitter Link: [Please link your Twitter account or any other social media presence of yours]
Wallet Address or ENS: [Please insert your wallet address or ENS]
Introduction & Area of Expertise / Skillset:
- Please introduce yourself to the community by giving an overview of your relevant professional experience in more detail. Make sure to include the skills you have that match the requirements outlined here]
- Why do you think you are the right person to be a part of the Security Council?
Connext DAO Vision & Goals
[Please share your vision for the Connext DAO and what the goals of the DAO should look like.]